This role will be working closely with other internal teams/employees, to provide class leading support to our varied customers during the account management and sales of IT systems and solutions. The role is varied, engaging and encompasses a wide range of organisational and sales skills, required to maintain the standard of services the company provides to its clients.
The role will manage a number of customer accounts, working with the Head of Sales, other Account Managers and Sales Support team to achieve excellence for our customers.
While these form the core of the day-to-day role, additional activities maybe requested of you, and therefore a goal-oriented and exceptional organisational skills are required to be a part of this team. As a pro-active member of the team, you would be expected to help in any reasonable request.
Some of the skills we are looking for include: –
• Experience in Account Management specifically at an IT MSP
• Good Time Management
• Good organisational skills, able to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
• Good customer service skills
• Good general education
• Administrational experience
• Experience of using ICT including Excel, Word, outlook and management information systems such as Dynamics 365
• Proactive approach to sales
• Able to demonstrate good accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to work under strict, and often tight, deadlines
• A team player with high level of dedication
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills and be customer service orientated
• Liaising with other departments within the business for day to day running of our customer relationships
• Communicating with the company’s customers on a regular basis
• Holding regular face-to-face meetings with all the accounts under your stewardship
• Communication in writing of the outcomes of all face-to-face meetings and conference calls
• Communication with service delivery teams within the business via email, telephone and face-to-face, whichever is appropriate
• Communication with the Sales Support team to ensure that quotes, proposals and other documents are issued in a timely fashion
• Working with the Sales Support team to ensure that information about your customers is kept up to date in Dynamics 365 and the intranet
• Using the systems to produce reporting on data about your customers, including spending performance and other metrics
• Manage your assigned customer accounts ensuring the company provides an excellent standard of customer service whilst being responsible for developing long-term relationships with customers and overseeing the sales/services provided, including cross selling
• Responding to/making telephone calls and emails to customers, in particular those customers that work within your designated accounts
• Reporting to customers about their IT related assets and services
• Reporting to the Head of Sales regarding the performance of your customer base including managing and delivering on your sales targets and KPIs
• Working with the Head of Sales to re-assign accounts as necessary to keep customers happy and content.
• Occasionally you may be asked to respond to inbound sales leads for new business
• Produce Tangible & Feasible Customer proposals
• Identify ‘hot prospects’ on our internal systems especially Dynamics 365 (such as Windows 10 end of life)
• Use leasing as an effective sales tool
• Keeping well-organised files and records of the business activity through internal sales tools i.e., Dynamics 365, Outlook and the ESP Intranet System (EIS)
• Working with the Sales Support team to produce and maintain accurate written records of meetings held with customers
• Raise internal and external issues with Senior Management and provide solutions to customers in a timely manner
• Working with the technical department to organise and introduce new products and services to our customer base
• Working with the Marketing Manager to develop sales and marketing plans where appropriate
While the above sections form the core of the day-to-day role, additional activities maybe requested of you, and as a pro-active member of the company you would be expected to help in any reasonable request.
Chain of command
This role will report directly to the Head of Sales
This role currently carries no direct reports
• Head of Sales
• Other Account Managers
• New Business Manager
• Technical Manager
• HR Manager
• Sales Support team
• Other staff as deemed necessary
Future development of the role
Within the Account Management role, there are several specialisms that could be undertaken as the role develops. You may be made responsible for one or more of these roles over time. Your individual role may develop more quickly into one of these positions, depending on the progression of the company and on your own training progression.
These roles are expected to be as follows:
• Product Development Specialist – Working with the technical team to develop new products and services and ingrain them within the sales team to ensure good customer saturation
• Connectivity & Telecoms – discussion with customers specifically around the Connectivity area of the business, also delivering specialist connectivity account management
• Cyber Security – Developing our cyber security packages and working with technical to continuously evolve those packages, to keep in line with the ever changing threat landscape
• Physical Security – Approaching and acquiring customers specifically in the security area of the business such as access control and CCTV also delivering specialist security account management
• Internal Software – discussing with customers our suite of software solutions that have been developed in house
• ESP is very much a close-knit community; it is more like a family than a group of employees
• Pension contributions. Employees are enrolled within our pension scheme automatically provided they complete their probationary period successfully
• Westfield Health scheme. Every employee is given the option to be enrolled within the Westfield Health scheme after successful completion of probation. Options are also provided to increase the cover to higher levels and/or to cover additional family members such as children
• Pool & Table tennis. Within our office space, we have access to a Pool table and Table Tennis table for use at lunch times and before/after work
• Regular team building and social events. ESP have regular slots at a local 5 aside football facility as well as regular bookings for things like go-karting. We also host barbeques and other events at our own premises
• Employee ownership scheme. There is an employee ownership scheme in place which allows employees to purchase shares within the business after a set period of employment and where certain criteria are met
• Employees are encouraged to get involved with improving the efficiencies within the business as well as assisting with the direction of the company
• Monthly Massage. Employees are offered the opportunity to have an in-work massage free of charge
• Weekly free lunch, cooked by a member of staff at the company’s expense.
• Free onsite parking
We are anticipating hiring someone experienced in the role of Account Management, specifically account management within an MSP environment. For this reason, we have omitted the salary as we are happy to negotiate based on experience and suitability for the job. A fair commission scheme is also in place.
ESP Projects Ltd was founded in 2002. Comprising of almost 40 members of staff, we provide ICT Services to clients based mainly in Sheffield, but also throughout Yorkshire and the UK. This work is largely based on installing and servicing IT equipment both onsite and in our workshop. In addition, we provide a telephone and email helpdesk to our clients in the form of direct assistance from our engineers.
What makes ESP special is that we are a Social Enterprise. We are committed to providing our partners with access to impartial, fair-cost but high-quality ICT Services. In addition, we have an employee share-ownership scheme and invest in training quite heavily.
ESP maintains excellent service standards and we expect all members of staff to be committed to our client-focussed approach. The team is friendly and very approachable and welcomes talented people from any background.
If this sounds like a position you would be interested in, we’d love to hear from you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the application form below.